The best time of day to train has been a hotly debated topic among fitness enthusiasts for years. There are those who swear by morning routines, those who do it during their lunch hour, and then there are the night owls.
Training at night has obvious advantages: you can let off steam during the day. You might have more energy if you’re not usually a morning person. And you can leave your workout feeling like the day is over (rather than just beginning). Personally, I also like the atmosphere of a nighttime run around town: I listen to the music and din of conversation spilling out of bars, watch groups congregate outside restaurants in top-notch outfits, and generally leave the energy buzzing from the setting sun propelling me forward.
If you know exactly what I’m talking about and find special satisfaction in exercising after hours (or just working a shift that leaves you with no other choice), the Reading List of this week is for you. The songs here feature dreamy beats, lots of mentions of nighttime getaways, and of course, always come with a beat that makes you want to move. So get ready to sweat with tracks like « Late Night Feelings » by Mark Ronson and Lykke Li, « XXX » by Kim Petras and « Love Lost » by Mac Miller. There are also remixes by Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala and Doja Cat. And a few songs at the end of this list to help you cool off: « Nights » by Frank Ocean and « Bedroom » by Litany.
So shut up your laptop for the day, put on your sneakers, and let those tunes fuel your nighttime routine.
Full Reading List:
- « Late Night Feelings » by Mark Ronson feat. Lykke Li
- « Ghost » by Justin Bieber
- « Kick, Push » by Lupe Fiasco
- « Late Night Talking » by Harry Styles
- « Be Your Daughter » by Teedra Moses, KAYTRANADA
- « Borderline » by Tame Impala
- « A Brand New Beginning » by Davidplayz360
- « Streets – Disclosure Remix » by Doja Cat
- « Starboy » by The Weekend, Daft Punk
- « Lights – Speeded Up Version » door Ellie Goulding, Speed Radio
- “XXX” by Kim Petras
- « Instant Crush » by Daft Punk feat. Julien Casablancas
- « Lifetime » by Romy
- « Waves – Tame Impala Remix » by Miguel
- « The Distance » by CAKE
- « Dance for You » by Empress Of
- “Love Lost” by Mac Miller, The Temper Trap
- « HELLO » by Josh Fudge
- « Freelance » by Toro y Moi
- « Redbone » by Childish Gambino
- « New Fashion » by Kid Cudi
- « Nights » by Frank Ocean
- « Chamber » of Litany