After a hard day, nothing better than a good hot bath with bath bombs to relax. These small accessories will allow you to perfume your bath and relax in peace.
More bath bombs are very easy to make and you can even do it from your home. If you want to know how to make your own bath bombs, then you have come to the right place. Discover 5 original recipes for do-it-yourself bath bombs.
How? ‘Or’ What make bath bombs oneself?
Popularized by the English brand of fresh cosmetics Lush, bath bombs are today’s must-have bathroom gadget. Very easy to use, these gadgets will allow you to enjoy a colorful and scented bath to relax.
If you are already familiar with bath bombs, you must have already known where to find them. However did you know you can make it yourself from your house? Indeed, bath bombs can quite easily be made at home. If you want to know how to make bath bombs yourself, read this article.
Making bath bombs at home is easy, fun which has many advantages. By making your own bath bombs, you can choose their sizes, their scents and their compositions. This allows you to have bath bombs perfectly suited to your desires.
To make your own bath bombs you will need:
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Citric acid or lemon juice.
- White clay or cornstarch.
- Vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Liquid coloring (If you want to color your bath water).
- The water.
Once you have these ingredients, you can start the preparation. Know thatthere are several recipes to prepare your bath bombs. Not being able to present them all to you, we will present the simplest of them to you and you will find 5 recipes for bath bombs then further down on the page of this article.
To prepare your bath bombs :
- Start with pour citric acid : baking soda and clay in a large container.
- Next mix everything thoroughly dry (these powders must not come into contact with water).
- Once everything is well mixed, add vegetable oil or melted butter.
- Then add the coloring if you want your bomb to color your bath water and mix the paw well.
- Once you have obtained a paw of the same color, spray water on it and mix it by hand.
- Then you have to mix this paste by spraying water on it until you get a wet sand texture.
However you must be careful when you spray water on the paw. Cause if you spray too much water, it will start to foam. We therefore recommend that you regularly check whether your dough is already wet enough. To do this, take a handful of dough in your hands and decompress it. If the paw keeps its shape after you release it, then it’s ready.
Once your dough is ready, you just have to install it in a bath bomb mold. Then, wait about 6 hours, the time for the dough to finish drying before handling it. Once they are dry your bath bombs can be stored wherever you want while waiting to be used.
Now you know exactly how to easily make your own bath bombs at home. This recipe is very simple and inexpensive, you can easily make it without the slightest difficulty.
Here are the 5 bath bomb recipes you can make in minutes at home:
1. Lavender bath bomb
Lavender is a fragrance known for its relaxing properties. This scent will allow you to relax and find sleep more easily. You can even use it to relieve your headaches.
To make lavender bath bombs:
- To mix together 20 drops of lavender essential oil and a few sprigs of dried and crushed lavender to your usual bath bomb mix.
- Add the dried and crushed branches directly to the dough or place them at the bottom of the mold. This is so that they appear on top of the bomb.
2. Peppermint bath bomb
Apart from its freshness, peppermint has many other virtues in inhalation. It is for example against colds, coughs, headaches. So by making peppermint bath bombs, you will be able to enjoy all of its virtues just by taking a bath.
To make your peppermint bath bombs:
- To add 20 drops of peppermint essential oil to your usual preparation. And that’s all
3. Coconut bath bomb
The coconut has very sweet odor and is excellent for the skin. With coconut bath bombs, you will be able to enjoy very gentle and skin-friendly baths. They will allow you to relax while enjoying the scent of coconut.
To make these bath bombs :
You just need 4 cl of liquid coconut oil and 20 drops of coconut extract.
- Start by heating the coconut oil liquid in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Next just add coconut oil and the coconut extract to your usual paste before putting everything in the mold.
4. Citrus bath bomb
If you like citrus, then these bath bombs are for you. Fresh and full of vitamins, these bath bombs are excellent for your skin and their scent will relax you.
To make these bath bombs:
- You will need 10 drops of citrus essential oil.
- You can choose the essential oil of grapefruit, sweet orange etc.
- You can also improve your appearance by adding dyes.
- In this way your bomb will have the look that matches its scent.
5. Rose bath bomb
Known as a classic among bath bombs, the rose bath bomb is perfect for an intimate and sensual atmosphere. It will allow you to indulge yourself and relax in the best conditions.
To make these bath bombs:
- Add 20 drops of rose essential oil and a few dried, crushed rose petals to your usual paste.