Fermented rice water is a simple but effective remedy for accelerating hair growth and making it strong and healthy.
Did you know that fermented rice water is a natural remedy that dates back to ancient times and is effective in accelerating hair growth and making it perfectly healthy and shiny?
For several years, Japanese rice farmers have recycled the water used to clean white rice for washing.
This tradition reached the Japanese imperial court, where the women of the court daily combed their hair with Yu-Su-Ru, which is fermented rice water.
In southern China, in the small village of Huangluo, also known as the « land of long hair, » Yao women have become famous around the world for their long black hair, which has earned them a place in the Guinness Book of Records.
The merit lies not only in the length, which can reach 2.1 meters, but also in the quality of the hair, which remains colored until old age, which allows them not to have gray hair even at 80 year.
Yao women believe that having long hair is a sign of luck, good health, good fortune, and longevity, and only cut their hair once, when they are of marriage age.
The benefits of fermented rice water for hair
Rice is mainly composed of:
- Starch (about 85-87%)
- Minerals (iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc)
- Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6, folic acid, vitamin E)
These compounds are very important for the care of the hair. According to a study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, this liquid accelerates hair growth and more.
Some of the different benefits we can get from using fermented rice water in our hair routine include:
- More volume
- Shiny hair
- Antioxidant effect
- Soft hair
Rice water also has moisturizing, antioxidant, and healing properties when used on the skin.
- Improves circulation
- Prevents or fades age-related spots
- Relieves inflammation
- Moisturizes the skin
How to prepare fermented rice water?
To prepare fermented rice water at home, according to the original recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
If you have very long or thick hair, we recommend that you double the doses.
- Rinse the uncooked rice well under running water and pour it into a container (preferably glass).
- Then put the two cups of water and rinse the rice by rubbing it between your hands to extract all the nutrients for 10 minutes.
- Then close the container with the lid or cling film and let the rice ferment for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, strain the liquid and add rosemary essential oil, thyme essential oil, lavender essential oil and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Finally, put the miracle lotion with fermented rice water in a spray bottle.
Note: You can store the lotion in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Spray the fermented rice water and massage the scalp for 30 seconds, then apply to all lengths and leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse the hair with lukewarm / cold water.
- Use a basin to hold the fermented rice water and a glass to collect and pour the rice water on your hair, after leaning over the basin. This way the rice water stays in the basin and you can better clean your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp for 30 seconds and continue to pour the rice water down the lengths of your hair.
- Finally, rinse your hair with lukewarm / cold water.