Nothing is more painful than cleaning window tracks.
It is one of the most tedious household chores …
And if the rails of your windows are as cracked as mine, it is not a pretty sight.
Fortunately, there is a trick to cleaning window tracks quickly and effortlessly. Look, it’s very simple:
What you need
– an old toothbrush
– White vinegar
– baking soda
– a cloth
– a butter knife with a round tip
How to do
1. First, sprinkle some baking soda on the most dirty parts, usually in the recesses of the rail.
2. Pour a little white vinegar over the baking soda. The mixture will sparkle and make a little foam, which is complitly normal.
3. Leave the mixture to work for about 5-10 min.
4. Then use an old toothbrush to move the bulk of the dirt to the center of the rail.
5. Pick up all that dirt with a piece of paper towel and throw it away.
6. Dampen your rag and wipe off the rest of the dirt, rubbing if necessary.
7. Use the butter knife covered with the cloth to scrub the corners well.
8. Give one last wipe with a clean cloth.
And there you have it, the rail of your windows is now nickel 🙂
Looks like you spent a lot of time there, when it only took 5 minutes flat !
Be aware that cotton swabs can also be useful for cleaning in nooks and crannies.
But since they absorb little dust, I find them less efficient and economical than this method.
Rest assured, cleaning window tracks is not a regular household chore!
But when the rails of your windows are really dirty, this trick will help you to clean quickly and well.
You tested this trick for clean the rails windows? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ? Click here to save it on Pinterest or click here to share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
How to Easily Clean the Rail of a French Door.
How to Clean Deep Shower Rails WITHOUT EFFORT.