Especially my sheets and my towels.
But I don’t feel like using perfumed fabric softener Lenor Where Cajoline.
Not only is it expensive, but it’s also full of endocrine disruptors and synthetic perfumes…
Fortunately, there is a simple and natural trick to make your laundry smell really good naturally.
Grandma’s trick is to pour lavender essential oil into the wash tub. Look :
What you need
– 1 teaspoon of essential oil: lavender, ylang ylang Where Orange Blossom for example.
How to do
1. Put your laundry in the washing machine.
2. Pour the spoonful of essential oil into the wash tub.
3. Launch the usual program.
And There you go ! Your laundry is now perfumed and smells so good 🙂
Easy, fast and effective, right?
Thanks to the essential oil, your laundry will smell good for a long time!
In addition, this trick is much more economical than buying a scented fabric softener!
Be careful not to put essential oils directly on fragile or delicate linen, otherwise you risk staining it.
You can also soak a washcloth in essential oil and slip it into the machine.
If you use soap nuts, pour the essential oils on the small pouch that envelops them.
Why does it work?
The essential oils leave a pleasant fragrance on the fibers of the linen and are diffused during washing.
And no health hazard! No toxic products or endocrine disruptors on your laundry.
However, it should not be put on baby clothes.
– Do you like laundry that smells good? The first thing to do is to dry the laundry in the sun. It’s free. And it’s the best way to have a laundry that smells good naturally.
– Obviously, this is not possible for everyone. So to find that unique smell, you can make your own homemade fabric softener. It’s a DIY fabric softener that’s simple to make, natural and smells so good. The recipe here.
– Do you prefer a fabric softener without essential oil? Then try this grandma’s recipe. All you need are mint leaves and white vinegar. And it is the guarantee of having laundry that smells fresh.
– You can also use this recipe to make a laundry perfume that smells like lavender. It’s really very easy to do. And it’s a great grandmother’s recipe for rediscovering the good smell of old linen… Without synthetic perfume. Discover the recipe here.
– Other tips well known to grandmothers, perfumed ironing water… Or small sachets of lavender or dried orange peel in the cupboards. Check out these tips here.
– Does your laundry smell bad when you take it out of the washing machine? Maybe your machine needs a little cleaning? Follow these 7 steps to get your machine clean.
– Regularly, pour white vinegar into the vacuum machine to maintain it as explained here. And make sure you don’t make any of these mistakes when washing your clothes.
Have you tested this natural trick to perfume laundry for a very long time? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to read you!
Share this tip
Do you like this trick ? Click here to save it to Pinterest or click here to share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
3 Great Tips to Scent Your Laundry For Three Times Nothing.
Bad Smelling Washing Machine: The Trick To Remove Bad Odors.