It’s true that the composition of commercial modeling clay is not very reassuring…
Fortunately, a kindergarten teacher gave me her recipe for homemade modeling clay that was also edible.
It’s super easy to make and inexpensive. We tried it and we love it! In addition, the texture is very pleasant.
– 1 cup of flour
– 1/2 cup of salt
– 1 cup hot water
– essential oils (optional)
– 1 saucepan
– several containers
How to do
1. Put the flour in a container.
2. Add water and oil.
4. Add the baking soda and salt.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and heat the pan until the batter thickens.
6. When the dough comes away from the pan, remove it from the heat.
7. Let the dough cool.
8. When it is cold, knead it.
9. Make balls of the size and color of your choice.
10. In each ball, put a few drops of food coloring.
11. Knead the dough balls well to mix the dyes.
12. Add essential oils if desired.
There you go, your edible modeling clay is already ready 🙂
Simple, fast and economical, right?
No need to buy modeling clay Play Doh questionable composition!
It’s much cheaper to make it yourself. And you know you’re only using healthy ingredients.
There are no toxic products in it and it is safe for your little ones.
So no stress with babies putting modeling clay in their mouths!
Children aged 2 and over love to play with modeling clay to invent a thousand and one shapes!
It’s more fun than salt dough because it doesn’t congeal.
And the texture is softer, more supple, more malleable and more colorful.
It’s much funnier!
If your kids love playdough, give homemade slime a try with this easy recipe.
– If you don’t have baking soda, you can replace it with baking powder.
– Depending on the desired shade, you can add more or fewer drops of food coloring. For pastel colors, 4 to 5 are enough. For more vivid colors, put a dozen.
– Avoid putting essential oils in modeling clay used by babies and small children. Indeed, babies and children should not ingest or be in contact with essential oils. If you want to flavor your modeling clay, add extracts vanilla Or almond.
– This modeling clay keeps very well. You can keep it for several months in a cool place. Just put it in an airtight container.
– If your edible modeling clay has hardened, wet it a little to restore its flexibility.
– The balls of modeling clay tend to rub off on the hands, because of the food colorings. It’s his only flaw. But don’t worry, it comes off easily with hand washing!
– With these quantities, you get 2 medium-sized balls of modeling clay. If you want to make more, just multiply the quantities by respecting the proportions of each ingredient.
Have you tried this easy homemade modeling clay recipe? Let us know in the comments if it worked for you. We can’t wait to read you!
Share this tip
Do you like this trick ? Click here to save it to Pinterest or click here to share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
How to Make EDIBLE Modeling Dough!
How to Make Homemade Play Dough the Easy Way.