Remember, remember, it’s almost Movember!
What is Movember?
Movember is an annual event where men around the world grow elaborate mustaches during the month of November in hopes of raising money and awareness for prostate cancer.
According to the official website, the campaign’s goal is to « change the face of men’s health » by raising awareness about the topic in a fun way. The event aims to « increase early cancer detection, diagnosis and effective treatments », according to his Wikipedia page« and ultimately reduce the number of preventable deaths. »
The charity has been around since 2004. In 2011, Canadian men were the largest contributors to Movember charities among all other countries in the world. The country garnered CA$906,374 with just 63,733 registrations compared to the United Kingdom, which came in second at CA$829,617 with 114,979 registrations. Australia is third, the United States fourth and New Zealand fifth. The grand total was C$3,266,324.
To see the full list of countries, go to official site of Movember Canada.
How it works?
Men from all over the world are signing up to become a member of Movember. Once registered, the goal is to get as many donations as possible while growing a mustache during the month. There are a few rules to keep in mind. They are:
- Once registered on movember.com, each my brother must start on the 1st of Movember with a clean-shaven face.
- Throughout the month of November each my brother must grow and maintain a mustache.
- There should be no membership of the month for [one’s] paws. (It’s considered a beard.)
- There must be no handlebar joint to [one’s] chin. (It’s considered a goatee.)
- Each my brother must behave like a true country gentleman.
Register or donate
To register as a Movember member – or to donate to a member – go to Movember.com.
Source(s): Wikipedia, Movember.com, Movember.ca