When should you refuel, in the morning or late at night?
Source of the article: Source
The price of fuel has been steadily rising lately. This outbreak has what largely disrupt many motorists. From then on, the methods of economy are going well. We hear all sorts of proven tricks. Did you know, for example, that it would be better to fill up your car early in the morning or late at night? Few people know the reason for this, but the experts themselves recommend putting gasoline or diesel during these time slots. We explain why.
Why put gasoline or diesel only in the morning or late at night?
Why do experts advise drivers to refuel gasoline or diesel early in the morning or late at night? Quite simply because at these times the temperatures are cooler.
You should know that the fuel is stored in large tanks in the basement, which are subject to large temperature differences. At night, it drops to a very low level just like in the early morning, then cools the gasoline or diesel.
When the fuel is cold, it is denser. So the gun give you more for the same price. Indeed when it is hot gasoline tends to be more volatile and to vaporize in the form of vapour.
Usually, when the car runs out of fuel, the warning light dedicated to it lights up. From this moment, it is advisable to go to the nearest station to fill up with gas as soon as possible. Experts also advise motorists not to continue driving for many kilometers with an almost empty tank, as this can damage the fuel pump and clog the injectors. It is therefore preferable to refuel when the level of petrol or diesel drops below a quarter.
Read also: Stop shopping at this time of day: you will spend a lot more money
Also, in order to save fuel while driving, try to avoid peak hours, as this consumes fuel unnecessarily. Another tip is to plan the route so as not to drive blindly and consume more fuel than planned.
NB : it should also be noted that the engine of your car consumes more when it is cold.
Read also: To save big bucks on fuel prices, here’s the perfect time of day to fill up
Other tips for saving fuel
- As you probably already know, each time you turn on the air conditioning, the engine can consume more fuel. If possible, it is better to open the windows. Or at least alternate from time to time!
- Many people don’t know this, but if you drive with an overloaded trunk, not only can it slow down the car, but it can also increase fuel consumption by up to 10%.
- When you run out of fuel, the engine can be damaged, according to industry experts. You should know that when the car tank is almost empty, fuel consumption is automatically higher.
- Mechanics claim that when the car is driven with an empty tank, the fuel pump may leak air. In other words, the engine does not constantly receive the fuel it needs, which leads to engine failures. In terms of driving, the driver may even feel that the vehicle’s engine is losing power.
- One of the easiest ways to save fuel while driving is to drive at a moderate speed.
- To keep your car running at peak efficiency, the engine must always be at its best! For this, it is important to carry out maintenance every year or at least every 15,000/20,000 km, and to choose the oil according to the required specifications. Between two services, it is possible to reduce fuel consumption by checking every two weeks that the tires are properly inflated.